Call (281) 685-8215
Mortgage Lender, NMLS 843169
Call (281) 685-8215
HomeWay Mortgage NMLS 1588259
115 E 2nd St – Hallettsville, TX 77964
Home Loan Application Do’s and Don’ts
Applying for a home loan? Here are some “Do’s and Don’ts” to consider that can impact your home loan application process, both good and bad…
- Contact your Loan Officer prior to any changes in your income or employment (i.e. – going from salary to commission pay, W-2 to 1099, or wage earner to self-employed).
- Provide all requested documents promptly.
- Keep documentation on any deposits made into your accounts other than regular payroll deposits.
- Keep copies of earnest money deposits and pre-paid upgrade deposits along with the bank statements to verify the checks have cleared your account.
- Incur any additional debts while your application is in process (i.e. – auto, credit card, furniture, etc.)
- Change employers or industry in which you work without consulting your Loan Officer.
- Co-sign on a loan/line of credit/account for anyone while your loan is in process.
- Pack, ship or discard any information that may be required at a later date such as W-2’s, tax returns, bank statements, divorce decree, DD214, etc.
- Allow any unnecessary credit inquiries.
Texas Mortgage Banking Disclosure:
Pursuant to the requirements of section 157.007 of the Mortgage Banker Registration and Residential Mortgage Loan Originator Act, Chapter 157, Texas Finance Code, you are hereby notified of the following: Consumers wishing to file a complaint against a Mortgage Banker or a licensed Mortgage Banker Residential Mortgage Loan Originator should complete and send a complaint form to the Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending, 2601 N Lamar, Suite 201, Austin, TX 78705. Complaint forms and instructions may be downloaded and printed from the department’s website at www.sml.texas.gov.
A toll-free consumer hotline is available at 1-877-276-5550. The department maintains a recovery fund to make payments of certain actual out of pocket damages sustained by borrowers caused by acts of licensed mortgage banker residential mortgage loan originator. A written application for reimbursement from the recovery fund must be filed with and investigated by the department prior to the payment of a claim. For more information about the recovery fund, please consult the department’s website at www.sml.texas.gov.
Copyright © 2018 Kathie Norris, NMLS # 843169 All Rights Reserved.
HomeWay Mortgage, 115 E 2nd St – Hallettsville, TX 77964